How To Layer Your Fall Outfits
How To Layer
What you must know about me, is that I hate wearing coats! It gets really cold here in Chicago so I really don't have a choice! But on those days where it's semi-chilly I always throw on this cape that I picked up a few years ago. You guys will be seeing more looks styled on the blog with this cape because it's pretty much a staple that I NEED to have in my wardrobe!
One of the reason why I love the cooler months is because I can layer my outfits! Layers just work for me and I find that I dress so much better in the Fall/ Winter time. Summer time involves less clothing and I don't like to show a lot of skin. Here are a few of my favorite tips and trick when it comes to layering your Fall/Winter Outfits.
Tips On Layering In The Fall/Winter
1. Always start with your bottom layers, try to keep them monochromatic if you are new to layering! This just helps to create a solid foundation that allows everything else to be cohesive.
2. Play with textures! My look is full of textures from the distressed denim, to the mixed metals and even the wool cape! Textures is what really breaks the look up.
3. Belt it up! I love the whole belted trench coat look, not the traditional belt that comes with a trench coat but a regular leather or printed belt around the trench coat.
4. Add accessories for an additional pop! This actually helps break the look up much more.
5. Hoodies under a leather jacket or trench coat
6. Socks with mules! I love this look def give this a try.
Shop The Post!